New York is one of the biggest and most famous cities in the world. There are thousands of activities you can attend there especially at Christmas. Here we advise you on what to do and what not to do during Christmas in New York.
New York City
1. Visit the Rockefeller Center Plaza, the heart of Christmas in Manhattan, to see the big Christmas tree and the beautiful Christmas decorations preferably in the evening when with all the colored lights the Christmas effect is assured. Visit the Rockefeller Center Plaza but avoid skating on his skating on ice; small, too crowded, and expensive.
Rockerfeller Center Plaza
2. Visit FAO Schwarz, the oldest and most famous toy store in New York. If you think of a gift, as it is original, you can find it here. But avoid it when the queue for the entry folds over the corner of the block, too long to wait, the desire to ruin Christmas.
3. Pass at Macy’s, which gives party scenes from Hollywood, including Christmas trees, snowballs and electric trains. Here, too, the danger is being crowded so avoid the afternoon and weekends. It’s best to try in the morning.
4. Attend one Christmas show such as Winter Solstice by Paul Wintrer or Christmas Spectacular at Radio City, but do not forget other shows outside of Manhattan, as the ballets of Brooklyn’s BAM in Brooklyn, or the spectacle of the trains, the Botanical Garden in Bronx.
5. Admire the windows all as simple as that. However avoid it in Downtown, better take a trip to Midtown, perhaps even starting from the Rockefeller Center Plaza.
Travel photos: NYC Comets, Charm505, Shelley Panzarella, asterix611, bryanscott, Dominique Palombieri.