Ways to avoid an accident abroad

Posted by on January 24, 2013

Suffering a personal injury as the result of an accident while on holiday abroad is quite a common occurrence, even if it is not something that anyone really wants to think about. When travelling it is essential to keep your wits about you and take any possible preventative measures to limit the likelihood of yourself or your family suffering an accident.

Holiday Injury

Holiday Injury

One of the most common ways in which people suffer personal injury while abroad is as a result of road traffic accidents – often because they are unfamiliar with the road laws in other countries. Therefore anyone who is planning to rent a car and drive while on holiday abroad should study up on these laws, as well as ensuring that they rent only reliable, safe vehicles. Personal injuries as a result of accidents also frequently occur when people are out and about while on holiday, and again you can greatly minimise the risks of this if you make sure that you wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the places you are visiting, as well as ensuring that you are able to read signs – as these are often there for your own safety.

Having sufficient grasp of the language to be able to read signs, is also a key way of avoiding personal injury while staying at your place of accommodation, as this could avoid such injuries as trips and slips resulting from walking on wet surfaces. Another way of reducing the risk of suffering an accident abroad while at your hotel is to ensure that you do not use any swimming pool facilities it may have unless there is a lifeguard on duty, and also making sure that you do not let your children swim unless you are there to supervise them. If you take simple precautionary measures like these and make sure you are covered by the necessary insurance, your holiday abroad should be a good experience. However, if an accident does happen, you can seek advice from Express Solicitors. Plus for further information on holiday injuries it’s worth having a look on the Foreign Office site.


You must be logged in to post a comment Login