Here is a list with the 10 most popular European islands, among which 7 are Spanish. The data comes from searches made by members of the social network of Trivago in all countries, 17 currently. Each one stands out for its beauty or for their cultural personality.
Santorini island, Greece
These are the top ten
1. Mallorca – Famous for its lively nightlife, especially in the Arenal area, though its coves of turquoise water and fine sand are highly valued. There are many holiday villas in Majorca, Spain for you to chose but is better to book early because this amazing island attracts tourists from all over the world.
2. Gran Canaria – With a unique climate and nature this island is famous for its amazing beaches like those in Maspalomas. Its is also characterized by its dunes, valleys and subtropical forests.
3. Rhodes – It is one of the Greek Dodecanese islands and is preferred from many people from all over the world. Emphasizes on its historical heritage and its medieval city, the Valley of the Butterflies and extensive beaches suitable for diving.
4. Tenerife – It is the largest island in the Canaries and the Mount Teide is its symbol. It is a volcano mountain and the highest point in Spain. Tenerife is also known for its hot climate and strong winds which make it ideal for extreme sports.
5. Ibiza – It is the party island par excellence. Although the island is of great beauty, youth from around the world travel to this place to live in-person experience of a night at Pacha, Privilege and a sunset at Cafe del Mar.
6. Fuerteventura – This is one of my favorites. Wild nature, very authentic carnivals, endless beaches and the feeling that time slows down …. so Fuerteventura. A perfect destination to relax and ideal for family holidays.
7. Corfu – In this very green Greek island is the spectacular beach of Lake Korissia and its immense olive trees up to 20m high. Corfu is quite famous for its amazing beaches and crystal clear waters.
8. Lanzarote – It is a Biosphere Reserve and its geography is almost Martian magnet dazzle. Visitors must not miss the park of Timanfaya.
9. Menorca – Another of my favorite islands. Spectacular coves, crystal clear waters and the port of Fornells! This spanish island is also known for its gastronomy! Traditional food that you will find no where else in the world. Actually I believe that is worth visiting this island only for its food!
10. Santorini – Everyone recognizes the typical image of white houses with blue domes on a hill overlooking the Caldera. This unique island in Greece is a volcanic island. Its is very famous for its amazing sunset overlooking the volcano in the middle of the sea.
Travel photo: Gedsman