Suitcase Packing Tips
Posted by Editor on July 24, 2012
Packing a suitcase is the dilemma of every traveler. The goal of those who love to travel is just carry the essentials and leave extra items behind. How do you lighten up your suitcase? There are quite a number of suitcase packing tips that will lessen your load.
- You should do your homework. You can call the place where you will be staying and ask them if they offer the bulky things that you will need like iron, hair dryers, towels among others. These are the stuff that you would rather not take with you. If they have the items that you need then it is best to leave them behind.
- It is best to check the temperature and what you are planning to do at your travel destination. This will give you an idea on what to bring and what not to bring. Avoid bringing ”just in case items” that you will not need.
- When packing always have neutral colors like black or brown. This is great because you can opt for accessories and pieces that goes with your clothes.
- If you are going for a few days trip, it is best to take only one shirt per day and complement it with a jacket. Go for one bottom every other day. Don’t bring more than two pairs of footwear. Make sure to have underwear daily.
- For those who will be gone for a week, then plan on washing your clothes than bringing more. If you are going in a country with low exchange rate or you don’t have a tight budget then take advantage of the laundry service being offered by the hotel.
- It is ideal to have a checklist on the things that you will bring. This is the easiest way to know how many items you will have to pack for your trip. You have to note down everything then be sure to stick to the list.
- Another great tip to follow when packing is to downsize your toiletries. You might want to pick up travel size products when you are planning to travel. Another great idea is to buy small bottles for shampoo, conditioner and soap.
- You might want to wear heaviest clothing so there is no need to pack them.
- It is ideal to pack first outside your suitcase. Pile up everything that you are planning to bring. This is your opportunity to see your clothes and eliminate the things that you don’t need. Packing directly to your suitcase will tempt you to add more things.
By following these tips, you will have a lean suitcase that will lead to happy travel.
Travel photo: Kirstyxo